Sunday, September 23, 2007

Days 4 and 5

Well it's definitely been a more eventful 2 days...yesterday was the ever so exciting High School Musical 2 Premier party and we spent pretty much all day getting hyped up and ready for it. We went to the grocery store and bought snacks and drinks and then went to the party store where we bought red and white balloons and streamers (the Wildcat colors). So that was a new experience...I found out that our lemonade is not the same as theirs. Here it is more like a Sprite or 7-up. O and the trunk of the car is called the boot...although I think I kind of new that one but I'm not really sure :). People started to get to the house about 6:00ish because it started at 6:30 so I met some of their friends. They were all nice and a few were really funny...I met a girl named Sam who was super nice to me and I instantly liked her...she's only 16 but she seems older. Anyways, they all stayed over after the movie and I tried to stay up I just couldn't last after a while...still not over the jet lag fully...unfortunately. So today was my first day at their church. I actually really enjoyed it and I really enjoyed Pastor Tim's message. He spoke from Psalms 8 on God's Glory; specifically how creation reflects His glory, how man reflects His glory and how grace reflects His glory. I came to find out that I really like the word "majestic". I just think that that is a really cool word....o o o and I discovered that I think if I could go back in time, I would definitely go to the beginning where God created everything...I just think that would be sooooo awesome! Anyways, random thought :). So after church I met a bunch more people and talked a bit with some of them. When we came home I got to chat with Melody some more and get even more comfortable with her then Saralisa wanted to put on HSM2 again, lol. After a bit we went to a prayer meeting for the team that is in Thailand for 2 weeks and that was really cool. After it finished the kids just stayed and waited for what they call "idol party" to start...it is where a bunch of teens go to one house to watch Australian Idol. And believe me, it was nothing compared to American Idol. Not only were our singers better but our judges were way better...I must say though that they do have a cuter announcer :). So now it's late and I eagerly await tomorrow because me and Melody and her mom and I believe another girl, Erin, are going to see Hairspray again! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! they really go all out 4 hsm2. I mean,they even had the school colors. Sounds like it was a fun party. Pastor's Tim message sounded intersting. I'm glad you liked it. It sounds like you are meeting a lot of people, can you keep them all straight? Well I hope you have fun watching Hairspray, I really liked it.

Doc said...

You know, on the lemonade thing you mentioned, are you saying that the lemonade was carbonated? Could you comment on the sweetness of it?

The reason I'm curious is that when we were in Russia we noticed that the soda wasn't as sweet. I guess they have a more genteel taste than we do. American are more of the type of, "If it don't make my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth, then it ain't sweet...":)

I'm glad you find the family funny. Humor is a complex thing and if you don't follow a person't thinking, then you usually don't follow their humor. Hopefully if you think the Loftis family is funny, that means you get them. That would be cool. I'd hate for you to have to kick them out of their own house just because you can't understand them!

So check this out...I was reading this article yesterday and this guy mentioned that he has found literally thousands of various sized rocks all over Aussie land that have gold in them. I guess it is pretty common. I'm guessng the amounts of gold is very small, but sometimes he's found rocks with as much as an ounce of gold in it. Doode, that's like over $400, I think. Was last time I checked, anyway. So like you should go for a walk in the outback and get some gold. Bring me some too, ok?

I hope you're internal timeclock is adjusting by now! And no fair talking to everyone on the phone! That way we don't get to hear/see what everyone is saying! ;-)

I love you, Sweetie, and I hope you are well. May God bless you.

- Bill

Doc said...

By the way, am I to follow that that there is actually a movie called High School Musical 2? And that there for is an original HSM?

OhmygoshdoIneedtoseeit?

BTW, the "Doc" thing is something that carried over from my super secret Blogger account in which I am known as Dr. Doofus. If you ever need to know anything that would fall under the heading of "doofus," I'm your man. Don't hesitate to ask.

:)

- Bill (Byars)

Rhonda K said...

Sounds like you're having a great time...so glad you enjoyed the church service. Would love to hear about the music more...I love the word "Majestic" too...makes me think of the song, The Majesty and Glory of Your Name...remember--the song I always wanted Andy to have the Chamber Choir sing? It's from Psalm 8 too...speaking of the choir...saw Merrick Friday...he is so excited for you! Said to say hello and he's praying for you. It will be nice when you're totally on Australian time...hopefully soon. :) Love reading about everything...keep it coming! I love you so!

Jenna K said...

Mr. Bill you crack me up

Mary said...

Way coool! Pretty amazing about us reflecting God's glory...and even more amazing is Frank is going to do a short devotional on Wed Night about the first 4 words in Gen 1:1, "In the beginning God..."

Send pictures of the people you are talking about...need visual!

Superhero Saturday was a blast (almost literally as the wind blew and the rain pummeled people - Taylor, Chelsae & Kat!).

I love you & miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna
My name is Abbie and i am saralisa's friend. (ask saralisa who i am lol) but i read your blog and you have inspired me heaps
l8r