Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oct. 30th '07

Things still keep getting better and better all the time...Sunday Pastor Tim was speaking at a men's retreat so the associate Pastor spoke and at first it was a bit difficult to follow him but I caught on after a bit. He spoke on Psalm 119...well not all of it cuz that would take a while but anyways it was good and Samantha (Sam) came over afterwards and had lunch with us and we watched movies and then went to another girl's birthday party (Hannah) that lives down a couple of houses, then we came back to watch Australian Idol. That was all alot of fun. Me and Melody had young adults study last night which was great. The leader guy (Rodney) is actually from the U.S. but married an Aussie woman and moved here. Then today, Sam ditched school (her mom's suggestion, lol) and had her mom drop us off at High Point Plaza which is a nicer and bigger mall than the one that is closer to the Loftis house. We had an absolute blast shopping and chatting, you know, what girls do best hehe. Then we went back to her house and had a really good dinner (her mom is a really good cook). Erin is coming over tonight so that we can talk more about the Sydney plans....And umm in case you didn't get the memo, I am REALLY excited!!!!!!! Anyways, not much else to report, it is weird not celebrating Halloween but I actually really don't mind. No one is really huge on it over here and that is ok with me....the family is all goin away this weekend to a holiday house in Belbrae, a cute town fairly close to where we stayed last time. That will be really awesome and really relaxing! Please continue to pray that I will stay strong and grow even more in my desire to deepen my relationship with Christ, my Savior. Thanks! Much love to all!

3 comments:

Rhonda K said...

I love Psalm 119..."I seek You with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to You, O Lord; teach me Your decrees...I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in Your decrees; I will not neglect Your Word!" Some of my favorite verses...
About Halloween...I personally applaud the Aussies! I wish we did not celebrate it over here either...
What a neat mom Sam has...(kind of like yours, right???) How fun that you girls had a fun day at the BIGGER plaza...how I miss our trips to the mall (can't believe I actually said that! Ha! Ha!) I was introduced to another great place here for us to enjoy when you return; of course, I'm not sure it will measure up to anything in Melbourne or Sydney, but we will have fun!! :) Oh how I would love to join you at the beach this weekend...enjoy! You should have some good reading and relaxation time...
I love you and am praying for you as always!!!!!

jAmEsFoX said...

I am so happy to hear that you are still having a good time. I have no ides what Psalm 119 says but i think i got the overall message from your mom, so that would have been a good topic to listen too. The whole shopping thing would be cool for you but not for me. Sounds like you are having a good time and meeting all kinds of new people. Oh I hope you have a good time this weekend. It sounds like a lot of fun and relaxing. That sounds like something i would enjoy and need right now.
I love you.

Mary said...

Yeah! It is awesome to see God answer prayer and work in you and through you while you are there! Though I MISS you greatly, I'm so thankful you are enjoying your time there.
I love you-Mary